The Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CE.R.T.H) is a non-profit research organization that is directly supervised by the General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT), of the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs, Culture and Sports.
The prime mission of CERTH is summarized in the following:
- Promotion of Research – Development – Innovation
- High Quality Scientific Research
- Development of Innovative Products and Services
- Strong partnerships with International & Domestic Industry
- Strong collaboration with Research Centers and Universities
CERTH Research Institutes (5)
CERTH consists of four (4) thematic Institutes located in Thessaloniki and one (1) multi-thematic Institute, located in Volos. A Central Directorate (CD) located in Thessaloniki supports and represents legally the Center.
- CERTH headquarters are in Thessaloniki in a privately owned area of approximately 30.000 m2. Additional CERTH branches exist in Athens, Volos, Larisa, Karditsa, Trikala and Ptolemaida.
- CERTH is the owner of the Thessaloniki Technology Park business incubator and major shareholder of its management company (TTP/MDC S.A) http://www.thestep.gr
- CERTH is the National Contact Point for the FP7 “People” programme and the National Coordinator of the EURAXESS Network for the mobility of researchers.