After the Kallikratis administrative reform, READ S.A. was made the Development Agency of the Region of South Aegean and is now comprised of the Region and the municipalities of Rhodes, Kos and Nisyros. According to the article 274 (par. 1a) of the law 323/1989 and article 21 of 2218/1994 and in appliance with the law 2190/1920 is responsible for the implementation of all the EU initiatives and development projects in which the South Aegean Region participates as a partner.
- Development through E.U. or National programmes
- To provide support to all local authorities and bodies of the South Aegean Region, in matters of energy policy, tourism, social economy, new technologies, SMEs, employment, environment.
Field of activities
READ S.A. has managed a number of projects. Their main subjects vary from cultural preservation and heritage, civil protection and tourist structures to social and economic development.
Indicative Projects include: Integrated and Sustainable Tourism in Mediterranean Islands – “ARCHI-ISLE” (INTERREG III B-ARCHIMED); CULTURE 2000; CULTURE 2002, FireTouris (INTERREG III C EastZone), Mediterranean Cultural Network of cities - stations of the Apostle Paul missionary path- MEDMISSION, (INTERREG III B-ARCHIMED), News Peoples’ Relations in Eastern Mediterranean- PEOPLES, (INTERREG III BARCHIMED), Intelligent System Ports – iPORTS (INTERREG III BARCHIMED), EMERGENCE 2010 (INTERREG III B-MEDOCC).
READ S.A. was also part of the consortium of 4 projects, recently completed under the MED Programme:
- Sustainable Tourism in Fragile Territories - “SHIFT”
- Innovative Actions for Trade & Enterprise in the Mediterranean - “INNOVATE-MED”
- Mediterranean Intermodal Transit - “TRANSit”