ANCI Lazio is a regional branch of the National Association of Italian Municipalities, representing almost all Lazio municipalities. ANCI Lazio is committed in promoting European policies and debates towards its members as well as local authorities' interests at national and regional level.
The Association is particularly committed in:
- promoting small municipalities' interests to the national government;
- promotes the analysis of problems of interest for its members (378 Municipalities);
- distributes information, consultancies and assistance to its members;
- promotes and organises workshops on matters related to Local Administration activities and Local Administration employees;
- promotes and encourages initiatives for civic education of citizens and to increase their Knowledge;
- studies and promotes the adoption of measures to stimulate citizens' participation to Local Agencies activities;
- carries out activities jointly with similar Associations of Local Agencies;
- participating with its own representatives in institutional debates where decisions about local autonomies interests are discussed;
- promoting several activities to support local authorities' actions and services and to increase citizens participation to civil life;
- encouraging international relations among its members and coordinating their activities in the field of international cooperation.
At international level, ANCI Lazio has set up, since 2006, a permanent cooperation among different public and private European actors in the framework of several European Programs (e.g. ICT PSP Program; INTERREG IV C; MED Programme; ‘EUROPE FOR CITIZENS’), able to promote active citizenship, EU policies at all level and the use of new types of energy, energy efficiency and renewable ones as well, taking care of environmental needs.
In recent years, it has been also very active in the promotion of European integration process, debates and policies among its member Municipalities and civil servants, thanks to dedicated conferences (e.g. on energy efficiency, sustainable tourism, renewable energies, knowledge economy…), training sessions (e.g. series of lectures for young politicians), study trips (e.g. to Brussels to better understand the impact of EU policies and legislation on local authorities), transnational information and awareness campaigns, realized during the implementation of its European projects.
Thanks to these experiences, ANCI Lazio has so acquired the right expertise in the involvement and management of Municipalities in the projects, and in communication and dissemination of results and best practices. Furthermore, ANCI Lazio supports the role of Municipalities, as the level governance closer to citizens.