Sustainable Construction in Rural and Fragile Areas for Energy efficiency
“SCORE” was a project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund in the framework of the MED Programme and its activities were completed in December 2012.
“SCORE” aimed at supporting the implementation of sustainable energy policies in the construction sector in fragile coastal and rural MED areas with exceptional landscape values, exploiting eco-innovative potential, using traditional building elements combined with innovative green technologies. The transnational cooperation developed a benchlearning model, fostered sustainable construction and created transferable innovative tools for energy-efficient building practices.
The partnership was the following:
- PROVINCE OF SAVONA (Italy)
- REGION OF SOUTH AEGEAN (Greece)
- LOCAL ENERGY AGENCY POMURJE (Slovenia)
- AGENCIA REGIONAL DE ENERGIA DO CENTRO E BAIXO ALENTEJO (Portugal)
- OFFICIAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INDUSTRY AND NAVIGATION OF SEVILLE (Spain)
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY - DROME (France)
- DEVELOPMENT COMPANY OF KEFALONIA & ITHAKI S.A (Greece)
- RHONE CHAMBER OF CRAFTS (France)
- CYPRUS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY (Cyprus)
- MARSEILLE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (France)
Objectives of the project
The objectives of “SCORE” are to provide effective strategies & tools to improve policy making and implementation for energy efficiency in the buildings sector.
These objectives were achieved by:
- developing transferable innovative strategies through benchmarking & benchlearning and the development of a cost-benefit model that will allow the adoption of economically-viable solutions in new-builds, social housing & public retrofitting;
- disseminating sustainable practices using bio-architecture & innovative techniques and action plans that will allow mainstreaming into regional/national policy and capitalisation of results;
- exploiting the economic potential of traditional skills & resources in harmony with environmental standards through local bio-construction action plans/standards;
- enhancing MED heritage through the integration of traditional techniques with innovative approaches.
Output capitalised in the Shapes
Local Focus Groups - Virtual community of the key stakeholders to assess and promote innovative technologies, unique MED characteristics and sustainable best practices in a Local Focus Group. These groups interact transnationally through a virtual community.
Tools developed and implemented
The virtual community that was developed in the framework of SCORE project was hosted by the project’s platform (http://www.scoremed.eu). The key stakeholders that were engaged by each partner aimed at transmitting and evaluating innovative technologies, promoting the special characteristics of the Mediterranean area, sharing best practice on energy efficiency in the construction sector. In addition, the members of the focus groups contributed in the successful implementation of the foreseen deliverables through the input and the comments that they sent to the partnership, participated in the local awareness raising events aiming at promoting energy efficiency in construction sector and determined possible financial incentives for companies and citizens in regional and national level.